Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BAM!

I ran directly into a wall this past weekend.

Under normal circumstances, I would be referring to a literal wall - since running into one is a daily occurrence for me.  But this wall was emotional.

I'm done with it.  I want my house back.  I want my own bed.  I want to be able to sit on my own couch and work or watch TV or cuddle.  I want to have a relaxing weekend that doesn't involve sheetrock dust, appliance shopping, furniture looking, paint shopping or going to Lowes.  I want to be able to open the door and let Abbey Lane run and play.   I want blinds because 12 foot windows stink at 5:30am.  I want to drink coffee in my rocking chair on my porch and gossip with Patrick about our neighbors.  I want my Wii back so we can play MarioKart.  I want my pretty flowers that got engulfed by the garbage pile to magically reappear.  I want to cook dinner in my kitchen.  I want to drink wine in the garage and play darts.  I WANT MY LIFE BACK.

I hate you Harpeth River.

Thanks for listening - I'm better...for now.

3 comments:

  1. i don't know what to say, but i don't want to say nothing. This too shall pass! I'm not worried about you cause you've got a good head on your shoulders and a great guy by your side and well, I gotta throw this in, an Amazing God over it all. Sorry you two are suffering, stinks, huh? Keep posting and we'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you dont gossip about me. just kidding... i feel your pain love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Amanda! I'm sorry....I hope things are looking up now! Let's get together very soon!

    ReplyDelete