Monday, March 15, 2010

Things that Annoy Me...

Does anyone else watch Food Network?  Of course you do!!!  It's (mostly) awesome.

I watch listen to a lot of Food Network.  I'm a light noise person - no thinking happens for me when things are too quiet - well actually, lots of thinking happens, but it's more of the wandering kind of thinking, and not whatever I need to be focusing on at that moment, so when I work from home, which is like 90% of the time, I have to have background noise.  And since I don't really want to pay attention to the background noise, it's usually one of four things - Pandora, Law and Order/CSI/insert-any-random-cop-show-here, Dave Ramsey, or Food Network - all of which require no focus from me.

And, I love listening to Food Network.  I never hear a whole recipe, usually I'll just hear some particular food or technique mentioned, and that's what gets stuck in my head, and then I decide that's what I have to have for dinner, and then a grocery run ensues because I never have everything that I absolutely need, and then Patrick gets upset because I didn't stick to the pre-planned menu we crafted and shopped for and I spent more money.  But then he eats whatever deliciousness I made and loves me again.  It's a vicious cycle, people.

All this said - if I hear "And now we need to get the <insert-type-of-nut-here>s from the freezer because I keep nuts in the freezer so they'll a longer shelf-life blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!  ♪♫ Because nuts have oil, and oil can spoil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♫♪ " (insert RR peppiness here) one more time, I think I'll put my TV in the freezer.  And you may be thinking "Just change the channel when she comes on, Amanda."  But the point of background noise is that I don't even register what's on until I hear this ridiculousness, again - and by then, it's too late.

Seriously Rachael - we get it.  All nuts should always be kept in the freezer.  If there is anyone left in the world who would ever watch your show that doesn't know this by now or can't catch on from one of your many many many re-runs, then well, their nuts deserve to spoil!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment