Monday, March 15, 2010

The following conversation just occurred:

I'm just calmly sitting on my end of the couch, getting a little work in, and then...

P:  Are you kidding me?!?!?!?
A:  what's wrong!?!?
P:  This is RIDICULOUS!  <gesturing wildly at the onscreen cable guide>  DAREDEVIL gets 3 STARS?!?!?!?  Who is in charge of this?  Are you trying to tell me DAREDEVIL WITH BEN AFFLECK IS BETTER THAT O' BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?!?!?!?
A: <remembers the horror expressed last week after he noticed the info only showed O' Brother as two stars >
P:  <scrolls through the guide mumbling absurdities>  ARE THEY SERIOUS?!?!?  THEY'RE SERIOUSLY TRYING TO SAY THAT DR. DOLITTLE 2 IS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS O' BROTHER WHERE ART THOU AND THE SANDLOT?!?!?
A:  <not looking up from work> ooooh!  The Sandlot's on???
P:  no!  Dr. Dolittle 2 is.
A:  Then how do you know Sandlot only has two stars...?
P:  I've been noting these things lately.  <scrolls back to daredevil in disbelief>  THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!  WHO does their ratings??  I'm calling Comcast.

...so much hostility for a rating system...

1 comment: