Monday, March 8, 2010

Family, projects, and fajitas.

As you may have noticed, my mom and dad and seester came to visit last weekend!!  We had a fantastic time - or at least I did - but it went by way too fast!!!

Thursday night, we got our butts kicked at Brewhouse 100 trivia.  I'm too embarrassed to even discuss it.

Then to appease dad and Beth's ever-present quest to find old stuff, Friday, we went to see the Stones River Battlefield.  Now, I'm not usually quite as into the old stuff hunt as they are, but this was pretty interesting - and I think the fantastic weather helped a bit too.  It's unbelievable to think that over 23,000 men died right in the area where we were hiking around in a matter of just three days.  I can't even imagine what that would look like - nor do I want to. It was a gorgeous area, and we probably hiked a few miles through the woods reading historical markers and trying to find a little Private for Beth to meet- she's convinced she should have seen the ghost of one by now.

[Events occurring Friday night have been removed for the protection of those involved.]

On Saturday, we had project day - have I mentioned how much I love my dad(!!) - and did lots of little projects around the house that we needed some help with!  We He installed a water heater timer, moved our pretty light out of the entry way alcove to a place you can actually see it now, and built us a peg board for the garage.  Then we installed lights under the kitchen cabinets so I don't have to make my coffee in the dark anymore!!  And most exciting-ly, he fixed our toilet paper holder!! Oh, and we went to Home Depot three times.  In one day.  It's a little embarrassing when the guy at the Depot sees you walk in and says 'Welcome back!  Nice to see you again.".

 








< Kitchen before  Kitchen after>

And then Saturday night, we had a faj-eye-ta party with our new grill!  Thanks to Travis (and a little of dad) for making the grill - we love it!!  Sangria was involved too...

...and now we just need a patio to put it on!


And now for my favorite part - sneaky sneaky fellas ;-)











By the way, does anyone in central or south Texas want to send me some HEB Chicken and Steak Fajita seasonings?!?!?  I'll send you a check!  We're almost out of the chicken one; the steak one is long gone, and I don't know how I'll live without it...it is truly grilled faj-eye-ta heaven in a bottle.  Period.  And believe me, that does not exist in any grocery sto' 'round these parts.


I love our life here in Nashville, but weekends like this one make me wish we lived a little closer to my family.  The distance does make me appreciate the time we spend together even more though.  And I was sad to see them go...

And from now on, I'll be taking more pictures - I started to write this and realized I had no pictures of them here to post.  Sad.

1 comment:

  1. We'll send you the seasonings if you send Kris some Wampler's! Loving the blog. Congrats on the house. A Seinfeld Scene It smack-down is a-coming...;o)

    ReplyDelete