Sunday, August 16, 2009

Before the pour...

Here's a continuation of last time's post. The gravel is smoothed out and the plumbing is all tied off (I don't know if that's the correct terminology), and supposedly, they're going to pour the slab tomorrow or Tuesday, so things should start moving pretty quickly now!!! Super exciting!



And tonight we packed our first box!!! I know this may sound a bit crazy since we're not moving til November, but we have a ton of crap in this apartment - I'm a pack rat, and Patrick doesn't object enough, so there's a lot to get through - and since neither of us are taking much time off work for this move, we've decided to attack it early and often...one box at a time, hopefully about one a day. This should help us get through everything and lots of time to get rid of the crap - instead of just throwing it all in boxes the day before closing and moving all the stuff we don't need to the new house. So here's box one (don't worry, I won't chronicle each box...) - and we did throw away one shot glass toothpick holder (I forgot my Baylor roots there for a minute) that had most of the printing scratched off, so success on on the clean-out process!!!

Hopefully there will be pics of the slab to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I like in the pictures of the slab and plumbing I look like I know what Im looking at...

    ReplyDelete